Friday, March 17, 2006

Playing The Minutes Against Iginla

Well, a boatload of powerplay time for Iginla in this one, so not too much 5on5 time by his standards. Just 10.5 minutes.

Here is how the 5on5 icetime stacked up against Jarome:

Player 5 on 5 Minutes vs Iggy
Horcoff 2.5
Stoll
3.1
Pisani
2.3
Peca
4.5


Pronger
8.1
Smith
1.1
Greene
1.0

My thoughts on this:

* Somebody must have forgotten to tell MacTavish he had last change on the forwards. :-) He just rolled 'em for the most part, got gunshy with the Stoll line in the third, by my eye, but besides that.

* Pronger is a MONSTER!

2 Comments:

Blogger speeds said...

It was interesting, the linematching went pretty much how we thought it would.

I must say I'd have prefered MacT to be choosier about when he stuck his forward lines out, but what can ya do?

3/17/2006 11:59 am  
Blogger Vic Ferrari said...

Ya, in the past he's been matchup-mad on home ice with the forwards.

I think it really shows how he sees this team going forward. He wants a four line team heading into the playoffs. I mean when he was talking about the 4th line being a sore spot before ... I cynically thought he was just blowing smoke, trying to take the negative attention away from the goaltending maybe. Apparently not.

Besides geting this team into the playoffs, IMO he also needs to get Samsonov established in a line at 5on5, and playing well there, before the playoffs start.

To my mind forwards, especially the offensive guys, usually seem to take a while to fit in with a new squad.

3/17/2006 12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home