Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Hockey Quiz

Another quiz, have a go, no cheating!

1. Over the course of the 05/06 season we've all shuddered as bad angle shots have come in on Conklin (who, btw, Bob Stauffer has now convinced me is the best choice for starter in Game 2, after listening to the 1260 show today). And we all know that the final memory is the lasting one, ergo the madass love for Turco because of his shootout play. Anyhow, over the course of the 05/06 season, how many extra goals would you guess that Conklin needed to make the save on in order to be above average in even-strength save percentage?

2. When this Oiler player was on the ice in the Anaheim series at 5on5 the Ducks were LEAST likely to get a shot on net, who is he?

3. Which Oiler player played the LEAST percentage of his icetime against Selanne or Marchant in the ANA series?

4. When this Oiler player was on the ice in Game 1 vs Carolina at 5on5 the Hurricanes were LEAST likely to get a shot on net, who is he?

.

Take a shot and be honest, it's just for the fuck of it after all, a perception vs reality thing. Good luck and God bless. :-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Julian said...

1)I can't really remember how many games he played exactly, but I'll guess the nice round number of 25.

2)Out on a limb maybe, but Horc?

3)Laraque?

4)Uhhhh.... Peca?



I have a question..... what's the origin of that logo, and isn't it the same one Cosh uses for his world news updates?

6/06/2006 8:25 pm  
Anonymous lowetide said...

1. Without looking, it's probably like at bats. A guy has 120 hits in 400 at bats and he's hitting .300 but take away 10 hits and he's a .275 hitter.

I'll guess 5 as the answer to your question.

2. Wildass guess and say Rem Murray. He had a good series.

3. Stoll?

4. Pronger?

6/06/2006 8:29 pm  
Anonymous momentai said...

1. I'll take my wild stab in the dark and wager it's not too many considering that Conklin didn't play a lot this season and his shot totals couldn't have been more than 500... I'd say 8?

2. I'm going to go a little off the board here and say Toby Peterson. He didn't get in a lot of games but he showed some good scoring chances while out there and probably never against a scoring line.

3. I'm going to say Hemsky?

4. Ethan Moreau?

6/06/2006 8:45 pm  
Blogger RiversQ said...

1. About 8 goals.

2. Laraque

3. Stoll

4. Laraque

6/06/2006 10:03 pm  
Blogger Dennis said...

Vic...how in the fuck did Bob convince you Conks was the best choice?

6/06/2006 10:16 pm  
Anonymous Christain said...

1.13
2. Todd Harvey?
3. Stoll
4. Torres

6/06/2006 10:41 pm  
Blogger Vic Ferrari said...

Damn, some sharp people here. Mostly all good answers. But the right ones:

1. Conklin needed to stop 5 more. Lowetide wins! Damn.

2 thru 4: All Georges. I'm thinking that has as much to do with who he's playing against as anything else. Still, the guy has a long history of this. He is the player he is, he can't bring a lot of minutes, is only really good in one zone, and won't wow the teenagers with nifty moves ... but the turnovers always come in the same place, behind the other team's net.

Mostly, an absolutely terrific fighter, and without a mean streak. So good of a fighter that he doesn't have to be nuts to intimidate, the fighting skill does it on it's own. That's so rare imho.

6/06/2006 11:05 pm  
Blogger Vic Ferrari said...

julian said:

I have a question..... what's the origin of that logo, and isn't it the same one Cosh uses for his world news updates?

Yup. I stole the logo. Just cuz.

I'm personally not really into the same sort of hockey talk, but I love those world newspaper links. Terrific stuff from him there, surprised that nobody else has been doing this before, helluva idea.

For those unaware: www.colbycosh.com. look for the links with the IOF quiz symbol. ;)

6/06/2006 11:17 pm  
Blogger Vic Ferrari said...

Dennis:

I answered that in the comments to speeds' post. It may be flawed reasoning, maybe even defeatist, but it works for me :-)

btw did you get the blogger email invite thing? I sent it yesterday and removed you from the contributors list until you kick it in.

6/07/2006 10:59 am  
Blogger Dennis said...

That works Vic but do I use that link everytime I wanna start a thread?

RQ sent me an invite the other night and I posted a thread but then I went to use it again yesterday and couldn't do it.

6/07/2006 11:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home