Saturday, August 05, 2006

At LT's request...


1. Have you ever been in a fantasy league?


Yup, a couple fantasy, well, sim leagues really. Currently in one titled the "Outlaw Hockey League", you'd find it if interested with a quick google search.

My team is pretty good as is, but the depth I have in the AHL and ECHL is what makes my organization one to watch.


2. What was the first jersey you ever owned?


Quebec Nordiques is the first I remember, I was given it at some hockey tournament when I was a kid. The first jersey I bought was an Oilers home jersey, maybe 93 or 94? I was going at one point going to put Maltby on it, good thing I didn't as he was traded shortly thereafter.


3. Top 5 sports books


I like reading, but not much in terms of sports books I guess

(1) Moneyball
(2) Gretzky's autobiography
(3) a Mario Lemieux Biography, can't find the book r remember teh Author's name
(4) It's not cheating if you don't get Caught - as I remember this was a book about incidents of cheating in baseball, rule changes that came about because of interesting ideas, and ways of tricking the opponent.
(5) A book called "Iron Mike", a collection of newspaper and magazine articles chronicling Tyson's career (as I recall, until just after the Lewis fight)

4. 10 favorite athletes all-time


1. Gretzky
2. Dennis Rodman
3. Kelly Gruber
4. Kurri
5. Coffey
6. Randy Moss
7. Mike Tyson
8. Jordan
9. A-Rod
10. Weir

5. Three Athletes I secretly admire but am ashamed to admit it for fear of ridicule:


Well, I'm not really ashamed of what I like, I mean, I listed Mike Tyson in my favorite athlete list.

6. I'm not really sure who else to tag, so I'll leave that be

7. Three people (outside family) you would pay to have coffee with:

- Lowe
- Gretzky
- Jordan

8. One Thing You Could Change if you Could:


The Gretzky trade

5 Comments:

Anonymous pdo said...

Currently in one titled the "Outlaw Hockey League", you'd find it if interested with a quick google search.

Blasphemy.

Any chance that league is accepting new members, RQ? I've been looking to join a sim league.

... and you should be far more ashamed of having A-rod on that list than Tyson ;)

8/06/2006 1:04 pm  
Anonymous pdo said...

Just realized I called you RQ.. oops. Anyway, I'd still love to join if you're accepting.

8/06/2006 1:22 pm  
Blogger Dennis said...

Kelly Gruber?

HAHAHA...

8/08/2006 12:47 pm  
Blogger Showerhead said...

The streak is over!

8/10/2006 8:12 am  
Anonymous Cam said...

This may seem a stupid question, but the "It's not cheating if you don't get caught" book sounds interesting; however, i can't seem to find a reference to it anywhere. Any chance you remember the title or author?

8/28/2006 10:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home