Monday, November 13, 2006

Lots of Oiler Blogs

Just thought I'd throw up a quick note here, in case people aren't aware of some of the new Oiler bloggers out there. I don't even know if it's really blogging, mostly Oilers websites hosted on blogger because it's free and easy. :)

Anyhow, Always On The Road is a cool new blog. Different because they put a helluva effort into YouTubing game clips and the like.

Oil Time Hockey is bank shot's blog. He started off with a few really good posts and seems to be on early hiatus. But it's well worth reading, and hopefully he gets back into the habit of throwing some stuff on there.

Lord Bob's new site is very good as well. Except for the white text on black background, which is hard on the eyes. The guy always has something to say, with a reason behind it. Good stuff.

I check Mike's Blawg every week or so as well. Not very prolific on the hockey front, but what he does have to say on the Oilers is well worth reading.

The In The Box guys are funny cats. They write for Vue Weekly as well.

Last but not least is Scarlett's blog, All Oil ... all the Time. Like Mike, she doesn't waste as much of her time talking hockey as some of the rest of us, but the posts she does put up are very good.

And a non-Oilers hockey numbers site, appropriately named hockeynumbers . This is heavy stuff, frankly too heavy for me unless I'm really in the mood. The work that Chris Boersma puts into the data gathering and the math is impressive. Puts my relatively half-assed efforts to shame. And there is some stuff there that you just don't see anywhere else.

Besides the ones everyone knows about already, these are the blogs I read. And if I'm missing any good ones (likely) then please let me know.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vic Ferrari said...

oops, forgot hot oil, though I'm sure you know of it, the squee! blog.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to set up an RSS feed in blogger? A couple of people have asked and I'm clueless on the subject.

11/13/2006 10:18 pm  
Blogger Lord Bob said...

I find white-on-black easier to read than black-on-white, personally, not least because I'm often laying back in bed before I go to sleep with the lights off and the monitor contrast way down when I surf the web. So contrast preferences are a hard thing to nail down, alas. Still, thanks for the endorsement!

11/13/2006 10:45 pm  
Blogger kinger said...

Thanks for the good word.

11/13/2006 11:16 pm  
Blogger kinger said...

Sent you an email with a link to that clip you wanted Vic. It definitely looks like a charge. I'm not actually sure when you left that comment, I just saw it now.

11/13/2006 11:45 pm  
Blogger sacamano said...

Man, is it ever hard to keep track of all these things.

Blogger already has RSS built in. Just right click on the little orange dodad at the top right of your address bar.

Or, if you haven't enabled it, go here and follow the directions:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42015

11/14/2006 2:58 am  
Blogger Scarlett said...

Thanks dude! And it's never a waste of time to talk hockey!

11/14/2006 7:19 am  
Blogger MikeP said...

Thanks for the shout out - you already have RSS enabled though, that's how I generally read you.

I mostly write for myself, but it's nice to be noticed too. ;)

11/15/2006 7:01 pm  
Blogger Bank Shot said...

Unlike Mike I mostly write for the wealth and fame.

Thanks for the tire pumping. It shamed me into making an entry.

11/15/2006 9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home